APC candidates often express that they face different challenges when trying to complete their APC tasks, such as time management, how to demonstrate competencies and how to effectively prepare for the Final Assessment.
In response to this, RICS launched Compass, an online platform which provides access to bitesize online learning and other training resources that will help you with assessment activities and enable you to gain the knowledge and skills you need in order to be fully prepared for the Final Assessment.
As a candidate, you have automatic access to the website – visit Compass and log in through your RICS account.
The main features of Compass include:
- My Resources: a tailor-made training package with content targeted to your personal APC learning needs, ensuring you can access necessary support quickly and easily.
- Messaging system: identifies relevant upcoming courses that will help with your APC progression.
- Competency encyclopaedia: providing an insight into what RICS competencies mean in the context of your role, this will help you understand what expertise you need to demonstrate in your APC assessments.
- Course browser: a dedicated section for you to manage your training, where you can track courses that you’ve signed up for or completed, and browse others to help you develop the skills needed to pass your APC.
- CPD tracker: the personal CPD record will help you track the hours you have completed and help you identify skills you need to develop further. It also records all CPD acquired through RICS online training automatically, saving you time.
- Final assessment: an area specifically designed to support you through the Final Assessment process. A selection of RICS training materials are readily available to help you develop and enhance your knowledge and skills which will help you pass the Final Assessment.
- Ethics: linking directly to the mandatory e-learning course designed to test your understanding of RICS’ ethical standards. Compass will enrol and track your progress automatically, all you need to do is complete it.
N.B. Competency Encyclopedia and Final Assessment areas are currently available to Quantity Surveying, Building Surveying and Commercial Property only.